NEW MuppetsHenson Poll now up! NOW STREAMING on the AppleTV+ - Season 2 of "Fraggle Rock: Back To The Rock". How would you rate the second season? PLUS - Did you enjoy this season more than the first? (2 Votes allowed for this Poll - one for first question and one for final YES or N0 question.) Thanks for your participation.

Menu


Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ricky Gervais: 'Working with The Muppets is like Christmas'

From digital spy

Ricky Gervais has claimed that working with The Muppets on a movie is similar to Christmas as a child.

Ricky Gervais hosting 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards -The comedian and actor has been confirmed as the lead star for the next Muppet movie, which will also feature Modern Family's Ty Burrell.

Speaking on This Morning about his excitement at the big screen project, Gervais said: "I'm starting it this week. I was doing my costume and I met all The Muppets... It's great, I know the director who did the first one.

"I'm in awe of The Muppets. I've loved them for like 35 years and I met Elmo and that was a highlight. I actually can't wait, I'm really excited - I'm just genuinely like a child. I was there yesterday on set and honestly I'm like an 8-year-old at Christmas! I love it."

Later in the day, at the launch of his new Channel 4 series Derek, the comic confirmed that he would be "singing and dancing" in the movie, joking that his career as a "failed popstar" may come in handy.

The actor also confirmed that he would not be getting top billing in the movie, commenting: "I know my place. There's a certain green frog everyone wants to see."



No comments:

Post a Comment